Banking nowadays is becoming one of the most chosen career choices by the students. One can find lots of jobs opening in the private as well as public sector banks. A particular problem that all the job seekers face is that have no idea on how to apply or know the eligibility criteria for applying for the latest bank Jobs for the positions of bank clerk, probation officer and officer jobs. IBPS held’s all the exams for different banks. Though, SBI which is the major public sector organises exam on an independent level.
Eligibility criteria for Latest Bank Jobs 2017
Following is the eligibility criteria for the people who want to get a job in the bank:
The first and the foremost thing which is particularly important and required essentially required is that the candidate must be a graduate with good-quality marks in any regulation. Almost all the banks around the world have their separate recruitment processes. A minimum percentage of about 55% is required for individuals that apply for jobs in reserved categories like PWD or ST or SC. Another major criteria is the age limit which is an important criteria when it comes to selection process of the latest bank Jobs.
There are two positions for which a graduate can apply
- The Clerical post – If applying for this post, the candidate is applying for the jobs of typist, clerk, and clerk cum cashier, steno, data entry operators, agricultural clerks, and telephone operators.
- The Probationary officer post – If applying for this post, the candidate is applying for the job of probationary officer. One can figure out with the name only that the candidates who will be selected would be on probation. The duration is usually of two years. The candidate’s performance in the training period helps in determining the position and designation of the candidate just when training gets over.
Eligibility Criteria to Get a Bank Job as Probationary Officer (PO)
- The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- The age of the candidate should be a minimum of 21years and a maximum of 30 years.
- The candidate should have a degree from a recognized university with nearly 55 % – 60 % marks over all.
- The candidate should know about computers and especially should know how to use MS Office.
- For Public Sector banks, the approx salary per annum is Rs. 200000/- for an officer.
Eligibility Criteria to Get a Bank Job as a Clerk
- The candidate has to be the citizen of India.
- He/she should be a graduate with more than 60% of marks when applying for this position.
- The minimum age for the candidate should be 18 years and maximum should be 28 years.
- There is also a relaxation age limit for categories like SC or OBC or ST or PH or the other reserved categories.
- For public Sector banks, Rs 140000/- is the standard salary per annum.