In an era where consumers expect the brands they follow to churn out a steady flow of content, ChatGPT has emerged as a valuable online marketing tool. This intuitive AI platform delivers instantaneous responses to all sorts of queries, making it an excellent resource for content ideation, research, and creation.
It’s so sophisticated that more than 50 percent of surveyed consumers cannot tell the difference between content generated by ChatGPT versus humans. But as helpful as this program can be, ChatGPT is not infallible — so if it isn’t producing the results you need, what’s a marketer to do? Fortunately, with a few strategic tweaks, you can refine ChatGPT searches to create the high-caliber content your audience wants to see.
What Is ChatGPT?
The fuss about ChatGPT being an artificial intelligence chatbot is pretty much true. It makes use of natural language processing that curates humanlike information on pretty much any topic. Its language model has the ability to respond to queries and come up with vividly written content. This may include social media posts, essays, articles, emails, and codes.
It is very much similar to the chat services we find online, especially on consumer service websites. The full form of GPT is Generative Pre-Trained Transformer and reflects ChatGPT’s request processing orders.
Try Out More Effective Prompts
Because ChatGPT is a machine learning software, it relies on specific questions or instructions (prompts) to generate the most effective output. So when you’re on the receiving end of a weak ChatGPT response, chances are, you need to rework that initial prompt.
Steps To Formulate ChatGPT Prompts…
Interact with ChatGPT as though it’s a nuanced conversation — subtle variations in wording, structure, and tone can make all the difference. If you’re unsatisfied with an answer, provide more context or phrase the directive another way. Here’s how to formulate ChatGPT prompts that will lead to the accurate, relevant, and precise information you’re looking for.
- Offer as much context and clarity as possible. The more substantive background you can include upfront, the better ChatGPT’s response will be. For instance: “Write me a 100-word Instagram post about the launch of my activewear brand’s new summer tank tops for a target audience of competitive runners.”
- Emphasize keywords from your SEO research. Use relevant, long-tail keywords that align with the topic and match your audience’s search intent. Featuring keywords in the prompt tells ChatGPT to work them into its response. This will make your content sound more authoritative, which boosts its SEO ranking.
- Instruct ChatGPT to embody a specific P.O.V. ChatGPT can take on any persona to suit the content. For a news article, tell it to imitate a journalist. For an email campaign, tell it to imitate a marketer. For website copy, tell it to imitate a developer. For an online store description, tell it to imitate a product manager.
- Provide feedback and ask follow-up questions. Just because this tool can access information from all over the web doesn’t mean its responses will always be accurate. Ask for clarification if ChatGPT offers a vague, incorrect answer or mentions a data point without citing the source. Questions such as, “What evidence can you show me to back this claim?” force ChatGPT to fact-check itself.
Utilize An External Tool Or Filter
Combining ChatGPT with external software tools and filters is a powerful way to enhance the quality and relevance of the information it generates. These filters will evaluate the strength of a query, offer insights to make it more robust, predict the results from ChatGPT, and perform other useful functions so you can adjust the initial prompt as necessary.
- Keyword Analysis: SEO ranking is the lifeblood of a content strategy. The more visible your piece is in the SERP, the more consumers you’ll attract. It’s vital to feature relevant SEO keywords in all ChatGPT queries, and a keyword analytics tool helps you find those words or phrases your audience is searching for.
- Topic Modeling: If you need ChatGPT to answer a complex, in-depth query, this tool helps you distill large concepts into concise, digestible content that your audience can quickly absorb. Topic modeling also identifies relevant themes or sub-headings to incorporate into your search prompt.
- Sentiment Analysis: Also known as opinion mining, this tool helps you determine your target audience’s emotional tone or reaction to a particular subject. Sentiment analysis makes it easier to project how the consumers you want to reach will respond to the information that ChatGPT delivers.
Incorporate A Boolean Operator
To generate the most useful results for niche or complex queries, refine your ChatGPT search with a Boolean Operator. These words connect two specific or binary ideas into one cohesive, succinct, and all-encompassing answer.
Using a Boolean Operator tells ChatGPT to filter out all the irrelevant or extraneous information you don’t want, thus leaving you with a piece of content that thoroughly fleshes out the topic without veering off into the weeds. Here are some examples of common Boolean Operators and how to effectively integrate them into more of your ChatGPT prompts.
- AND: This word helps you find results that contain both or all the keywords in a search. For instance: “What are the latest technology innovations AND market trends in UX design?” will craft a response at the intersection of these two concepts.
- OR: This word helps you find results that contain either of the keywords in a search. For instance: “How can social media OR email marketing increase my brand awareness?” will craft a response outlining the difference between strategies.
- NOT: This word helps you find results that contain the first keyword in a search but not the second. For instance: “What forms of content yield the most clicks, NOT blog posts?” will craft a response that excludes the information you aren’t looking for.
Refine Your ChatGPT Search For Optimal Results
According to a recent survey of 185 marketers, 82 percent think ChatGPT can produce content that’s on par with human-generated content. Moreover, 57 percent agree it takes less than six months to learn the software fully. Furthermore, another 88 percent feel it saves their business time and money. But with that said, refining your ChatGPT search is essential to obtain the desired results. This skill can help elevate your content and streamline your marketing effort. You can now stay ahead of all those other competing brands.