The automotive electrical trade is a booming sector in the service industry with so many different models and types of cars coming up each day. Therefore, there is a high demand for an auto electrician in every company and auto shop, and opting career in this field is an intelligent choice.
How does it feel to be an auto electrician? It is a rapidly growing on-trend job option. Then installs electronic products, repair electrical wiring, identity faults also develops computer-based motor vehicles, etc. This glimpsing career option is open for all. You can consider yourself an automotive electrician.
Here Is Everything You Must Know About Automotive Electrician:
It’s great news for you. You can set your career as an automotive electrician. There is some basic degree that you needs to have while you will start working. You go for the automobile electrician courses, it is also beneficial.
Mandatory Professional Qualifications Or Degrees:
- Certificate-III in automotive electrical technology
- Apprenticeship of 1-3 years
- Do an automobile electrician course.
Additional Qualifications Or Degrees Recommended
- Victorian certificate of education
- Certificate-II in automotive electrical technology
- Certificate-IV in automotive electrical technology
Duration To Become An Independent Automotive Electrician
Minimum 4 years it includes years of education and apprenticeship.
The Personal Requirements To Become An Automotive Electrician Are:
- Good eyesight
- Normal color vision
- Good hand-eye coordination
- Good physical condition
- Systematic approach
- A good problem solver
- Good communication skills
- Technologically savvy and Up to date with technology
- Mechanical aptitude
- Proper education and factory training.
- Able to take orders and follow routine procedures
- Able to deal with heavy parts
- Safety conscious
- Good diagnostic skills
- How much can automotive electricians earn?
After 4-5 years of experience, they can earn AU $50000.
Duties And Responsibilities Of Auto Electrician:
The duties and responsibilities of an auto electrician are varied and many. The list of their job includes:
- Performing electrical tests with the help of modern and advanced electronic diagnostic equipment and identify the faults in vehicles.
- You will need to repair electrical gadgets and connections on all types of cars and vehicles irrespective of its brand, make and model as a vehicle electrician. Given that modern vehicles are mostly electronic, you will also need to work on alarm systems, interior and exterior lighting, windows and door locks, and even the internal CPU.
- They also look after the maintenance and repair work of electrical wiring, computer-based and related equipment in a car.
- You will have the responsibility of installing new electrical systems in the interiors of the cars and vehicles in addition to those that already exist like GPS systems, sound systems, radios, and television screens.
- Here, you will also have the responsibility to test the alignment and intensity of the headlights of the vehicle which is one of the main diagnostic tests performed by a vehicle electrician. Must make sure that these headlights are not too bright or too dim.
- Apart from cars, an automotive electrician will need to work on caravans, earthmoving and mining equipment, trailers, and marine and agricultural equipment as well.
- For all these jobs you will need to handle several power tools that will need a lot of manual dexterity, strong focus, and attention to detail along with knowledge of industry safety and also quality standards.
Where To Find Work:
You will find a high demand for an auto electrician in different dealerships and mechanic shops. However, if you choose to work in a mechanic shop then infirm that you will need to work on different cars and this requires a strong knowledge of different makes and models’ specifications. On the other hand, dealerships will need highly trained electricians for their type of cars only.
For a good automotive electrician, an apprenticeship in Automotive Electrical Technology is preferred and very helpful. If you have further training with heavy equipment, you can also find a job in a construction or mining company. Therefore, it depends on you and your training as how you will make it big in this service industry.
Frequently Asked Questions
You may have questions in your mind. However, I have prepared some questions and answers that most people raise. Let’s take look at them also and get yourself cleared.
Q1. What Is An Auto Electrician?
A. Auto electrician is a post that you can choose as your career path. You need to have a basic degree in auto electric. An auto electrical settle the electrical faults, repairs electronics, etc. You have to do the same to become a professional.
Q2. What Does An Auto Electrician Do?
A. An auto electrician does series of works. they taste electrical parts, wiring, repair the parts, install new parts on the body of the vehicle, etc.
Q3. Is An Auto Electrician A Good Job?
A. according to the career specialist, you can earn a massive amount of money as a professional electrician. In the current situation, everyone is craving this career option. However, it is going to be the best decision if you choose a vehicle electrician job.
Q4. What Skills Do You Need To Be An Auto Electrician?
A. When you will start working as an electrician, it is necessary to have mechanical knowledge. In addition, need to have a great grip in diagnosing tools, ability to read the circuit and diagrams. If you have sense in them, it’s for you.
Q5. What Is Auto Electrician’s Salary?
A. An What Is automotive electrician earns well in every month. Approximately it comes to around $1,247 every week. just think, this is a grand amount, you can fulfill all your dreams with this salary.
Take A Note
You have already settled your mind to glimpse as an auto electrician, you are most welcome. You can have a great future ahead. Just grab knowledge and learn the works. Implementation is one of the toughest things that you have to learn. get yourself involved in the skilled trade. You are going to shine.