Who is the “OG” of digital marketing? Email content marketing!
Of course, digital marketing has changed a lot with growing access to high-speed internet. Email marketing remains one of those few marketing tactics that ensure an impressive ROI of $36 for every $1 spent.
This is no surprise, with more than four billion daily email users pushing brands to increase their email budget by 37%.
But does your brand fit into that category?
If you still need to, it is about time you start using email content marketing to your advantage and marketing your offerings to the right audience!
But how? Let’s find out what makes emails essential and how to use them to realize your business goals.
Significance Of Compelling Email Content In Marketing
Marketing email content is highly advantageous for businesses regardless of their scale of operations or industry. So here are some rationales highlighting the significance of email content marketing in today’s day and age.
- Remains Connected With Your Target Audience: Effective email content marketing is one of the most effective ways to stay connected with your audience. It helps establish a long-term connection with your audience and makes them feel valued.
- Better Engagement: Email has been one of the most popular means of online communication for decades, and people are more likely to engage with your brand via email. Emails are far more effective in generating engagement than most other means of online communication.
- Measurable Results: Another great thing about email content marketing is you can easily measure the results of your campaign. This is very important to help you get deeper insights and create flawless email campaigns that drive better ROI.
- Cost-Effective: One of the most prudent perks of email marketing is its cost-effectiveness. This is a far more affordable marketing method than most other ways to market your brand’s offerings online.
Winning Over Customers With Compelling Email Content
Now that you understand the advantages of effective email marketing, it is about time you use this marketing tool to realize your business goals. Of course, mastering email content marketing is not easy, but taking a well-thought-out approach can help make things far more manageable.
So, let’s simplify this with some practical steps you need to take when creating an email content marketing campaign.
Know Your Audience
Understanding your audience is one of the most important aspects of creating a successful and performant email marketing campaign. Understanding your audience better is key to ensuring your email marketing campaign works and helps you drive results. There are also many email content types that you must evaluate and pick the best one that resonates with your target audience.
It will help you:
- Better segment your audience and deliver emails accordingly based on their needs and preferences for better personalization.
- Market the right product or service to the right audience at the right time and increase your chances of driving conversions.
This will also help you create an email list based on your audience’s needs and preferences and use the same for future marketing campaigns.
Craft Engaging Subject Lines
People come across numerous emails every day, and the chances of them opening your email are as slim as they get. You can change that trend with a unique, catchy, informative subject line that immediately attracts your audience’s attention.
You must try to add a personal touch to the subject line and increase the chances of the audience opening your email.
You can do that by:
- Mentioning the subscriber’s name in the subject line
- Send out tailored recommendations based on their needs and preferences.
- Using their locations to promote local sales or events.
The right subject line with a tinge of personalization can get more people to open the email and connect with your brand.
As you probably know by now, personalization is one of the most critical aspects of creating a successful email content marketing campaign. It makes your prospects feel more valued, helping create a lasting connection with your brand.
You can consider sending out personalized emails based on the demographics, age, sex, interests, and preferences of your audience.
You can consider:
- Adding their names to the subject line of the email.
- Showcasing products and services that suit their interests.
Even these simple tactics will help you drive better engagement and increase the chances of converting leads into paying customers. Even studies show that personalization in email can drive up click-through rates by 3.32% and open rates by 22,28%, which is a significant deal.
Tell a Story
No one is opening an email that starts with a sales pitch anymore. Why? Because too many of these sales pitch emails are flooding people’s inboxes.
But people will always appreciate an email with a conversational tone. This shows that your brand is not just in the inbox to make a sale but to build a connection with the audience.
You can easily realize that by:
- Talking to the audience as if they are people, not business entities.
- Keep the email content conversational, friendly, and approachable.
This will automatically make them feel more valued, eventually translating into better conversions and engagements for your business.
Use Visuals Wisely
Mere words are great but also dull. On the other hand, visuals are engaging and attention-grabbing. But that does not mean you should flood your emails with visuals because that can do more bad than good.
Instead, you must:
- Add visuals that are relevant to the target audience.
- Ensure your visuals are of the right size and effectively optimized.
- Feature the visuals highlighting your business’s offerings.
This will ensure your target audience gets relevant results, and eventually, there might come a time when people look forward to getting emails from your brand. Ensuring the right visuals will always help stand out in the crowd.
Keep it Concise and Relevant
There is already enough clutter on the internet, and adding more will do no good for your B2B and B2C marketing efforts. You must focus on enhancing the clarity of your brand’s message and convey the right message without breathing around the bush.
- Creating informative and catchy email subject lines.
- Never compromise on clarity for entertainment.
- Divide your email content into different sections to enhance the message’s clarity.
- Ensure the email content is relevant to the target audience.
Keeping things clear, concise, and relevant is one of the most effective ways to convey your message effectively.
Include A Call-To-Action (CTA)
Let’s say you have now sparked the interest of your audience, and they wish to engage with your brand. But how do they do it? This is where call-to-action (CTA) comes into the picture, acting as a bridge between your business and customers.
You must use actionable language in your CTA, highlighting a specific command leading the audience to your brand. Ensure your CTA encourages the person to take action.
For instance, you can use CTAs such as:
- Claim Your Spot
- Shop Now
- Get The Deal
- Start Increasing Sales
These types of CTAs help create a sense of urgency and help make it an irresistible proposition that is hard to turn down.
Test And Optimize
Now, you have email content ready to go and impress your audience. But is your email as effective as you think? The only effective way to find the right answer is thorough testing.
This means testing every minute element of the email and determining any discrepancies that might hold you back. This will help weed out those underperforming elements and run effective optimizations to ensure they don’t hamper your campaign’s performance.
You can even consider A/B testing, where you would first send two email versions to a small audience. It will help analyze the performance of both emails, and you can choose the one that ensures better results. Based on that data, you must optimize thoroughly to address potential inefficacies and drive better results.
You now have the perfect email marketing campaign! But do you? Monitoring your email’s performance will help you find the most accurate answer to this question. You must monitor every essential analytics relevant to your emails, and these metrics would include:
- Click-through rates
- Open rates
- Bounce rates
- Spam complaints
- Number of unsubscribes
- Conversion rates
- Most performant links
- Most visited pages
- Mobile open rates
These are just some of the many email monitoring metrics you need to use to your advantage. You must align these metrics with your marketing goals and determine the areas that are working and the ones that are not. This will help facilitate further data-driven optimization for better results.
Conclusion: Email Content Marketing For The Win!
Email marketing is still as relevant as it was a decade ago. Of course, we have many new mediums to reach customers, but abandoning the old ones does no good. This would translate to you losing more business without taking your business to the right audience.
Email content marketing is your key to communicating the right message to the right audience, and the information above will help you realize that goal. Use this information to your advantage and create email content marketing strategies that drive more traffic and drum up more business.